June 18, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday #1: In a Heartbeat


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves. The meme is hosted by Pen to Paper.

Title: In a Heartbeat
Author: Loretta Ellsworth
Release date: February 2, 2010
Publisher: Walker & Company
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Buy On: Amazon | Book Depository | B&N
Goodreads 

When a small mistake costs sixteen-year-old Eagan her life during a figure-skating competition, she leaves many things unreconciled, including her troubled relationship with her mother. From her vantage point in the afterlife, Eagan reflects back on her memories, and what she could have done differently, through her still-beating heart.

When fourteen-year-old Amelia learns she will be getting a heart transplant, her fear and guilt battle with her joy at this new chance at life. And afterwards when she starts to feel different—dreaming about figure skating, craving grape candy—her need to learn about her donor leads her to discover and explore Eagan’s life, meeting her grieving loved ones and trying to bring the closure they all need to move on.
I put this book on my wishlist recently, but whenever I find a book that is very interesting or seems like a good read, I see if it has a paperback version. If it has, I need to decide: download the ebook, or buy the paperback. This is one of the books where I would rather have the paperback than a ebook edition. I simply love the feel of a paperback novel and I would love to read all my books like that, but sadly that is not possible.

This story seems really cool and I think it is also a way to make transplant of organs something discussable (my teacher views have impacted my way at looking at literature). I am really curious to see how this novel deals with such a heavy subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com